How to Use the Filter Function when Browsing for People

Document created by michaelt Administrator on Feb 11, 2015Last modified by michaelt Administrator on Feb 11, 2015
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The Country field is required in your profile. This allows people to have a good idea who might be close to them and part of their region. If you want to follow or reach out to a user from a particular region, you can sort on Country. There are a number of filters, shown below, to help find the people for whom you are looking (yes, I still try to avoid ending sentences with a preposition (I'm also a fan of the Oxford comma, but I digress)).

To filter your people results:

1. Click Browse > People in the header.
    BrowsePeople.PNG
  2. Select a sort order:
    BrowseSort.PNG
  3. Click Add Filter and select a filter:
    browseFilter.PNG
  4. When you select a filter, the options for that filter populate the field on the right:
    browseFilterCountry.PNG
  5. Select the appropriate sub filter, in this case I selected United Kingdom, and review the results:
    browsePeopleCountryFilter.PNG
  6. If you want to follow a particular individual and see their content updates in one of your streams or in your inbox, click Follow and select the appropriate stream.
    BrowseFollowPeople.PNG

Don't see the stream you want or want to organize your followed people/content/places by creating new streams? How to Create a New Activity Stream... and Why.

Attachments

Outcomes