Audience of this Notes
All Engineers and Technical Person who installs and support Lifesize UVC Platform
Your customer wants to change to a new server and continue to run the UVC Platform.
Open a Tech Support Ticket with Lifesize Tech Support either using the Partner Portal or at http://www.lifesize.com/support/contact-support
Please follow below steps in “sequence” and Lifesize Tech Support will help you to reset UVC License key:
Note: It is very important to follow below steps in "Sequence".
- If UVC Platform is running on older software version please upgrade it to at least 1.2.1 (65) so that the license delete function is available. If UVC Platform is already running on latest software, then no need to upgrade it. And always remember to use the latest software. Software can be downloaded from Lifesize Software portal at http://software.lifesize.com
- Go to UVC Platform Administration -> Licenses and Click the Export button. Save the licensedetails.pdf file as licensedetails-before.pdf
- Go to UVC Platform Administration -> Licenses and Delete UVC license ‘XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX’ by clicking on the X or cross symbol. Confirm deletion when prompted.
- Go to UVC Platform Administration -> Licenses and Click the Export button. Save the licensedetails.pdf file as licensedetails-after.pdf
- Send Tech support both the "licensedetails-before.pdf” and the “ licensedetails-after.pdf” files.
Once Tech Support receive and verify the two License Details PDF files, they will reset UVC License and send you confirmation. Then customer can then install new license on UVC Platform on the new server.
It is very important to have the license details.pdf file exported once before license deletion and the export again after license deletion
- Do not delete the VM before doing the above steps as this will result in additional verification work needed to approve the license key reset.
- Never move a hard disk installed with UVC from one server to another one as this may cause the applications to not work anymore.
- Do not delete the license key without first exporting the LicenseDetails.pdf file into LicenseDetails-Before.pdf.