It is common for support to request a diagnostic log for triage and troubleshooting endpoint issues. Log collection varies depending on the product, but the focus of this document shall be how to obtain logs for Icon Series endpoints. This includes the lifesize Icon 600 and Icon 800 series endpoints. For information on Legacy diagnostic logs, please refer to the following document: How to Capture a Coroner Diagnostic Log from a Legacy Endpoint
Best practices for log collection are as follows:
1. Always note the approximate time of the failure/issue/behavior.
2. When the issue can be reproduced on demand, please do so and capture the coroner log after the issue is observed.
3. If the issue is related to a call set up or condition, please reproduce and terminate the call before running the coroner capture.
4. When possible, do not reboot the endpoint prior to the coroner log capture, as valuable data may be lost in the reboot process.
Steps to obtain the diagnostic log from the endpoint are as follows:
1. Log into the web interface by navigating to https://ip_address_endpoint/ and entering the admin or support user credentials.
2. Navigate to the Diagnostics tab by clicking on it.
3. Click on the arrow next to Diagnostic Report to expand the options, then select Generate Diagnostic Report.
4. Once the report has completed, you will be prompted to authenticate your credentials once more.
5. After successful authentication, the diagnostic file download will begin. Navigate to your default download directory to retrieve the file and submit to Support for review.