Pairing a 220 series endpoint to Cloud.

Document created by blandin Employee on Mar 16, 2015Last modified by mcook on Oct 7, 2016
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

How do I pair my Lifesize 220 series endpoint to my Lifesize Cloud account?

Note: You must have a Lifesize Cloud user account to connect your 220 to the service.

TIP: Customers with an existing 5.x installation that is not paired to Cloud will need to factory reset the 220 to factory defaults first. Once this is completed, perform initial configuration wizard to pair with Cloud as detailed in the steps below.  If you are conducting a trial of Lifesize Cloud, we recommend backing up your 220's configuration prior to reseting so that you may restore it later if desired.

1. Upgrade your 220 system to software version 5.0.4 or later. (If already on a 5.x instance that is not paired, the factory reset is required)

2. When the initial configuration wizard presents the Lifesize Cloud preference, select Enabled.

3. Open a browser and navigate to the URL shown on your 220.

4. Sign in to lifesize Cloud by entering the Cloud email address and password associated with the Cloud account you want to pair with.

5. Enter the activation code shown on your 220 display.

6. You can associate a 220 system to an individual user or a conference room.

Options: 

Individual user

A. Me – allows Cloud end users to associate the device to themselves.

B. User – allows Cloud account managers to associate the device to any user in their Cloud group.

Conference Room

Use this option if the device resides in a conference room and is intended for multiple users. This option creates a separate Cloud account for the system. Enter a name for the system that will appear in the Cloud directory. Optionally, enter an email address for calling the system.

After the options are selected, the initial configuration completes.

7. Navigate to Administrator Preferences > Communications to view the status of the system. If it's connected, Ready shows for lifesize Cloud Service.

**Reference documentation can be found in the attached 5.0.0 Release Notes as well.

Outcomes