How to capture audio recordings from the Lifesize Cloud Client

Document created by behappy Support on Mar 24, 2015
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The purpose of this document is to describe how to capture audio recordings from the Lifesize Cloud application. It describes the steps to turn the recorder on/off, where to find the recordings, and what each represents.

I. OSX

There are 2 options for capturing recordings from the OSX client. The easiest is to manage it from the Diagnostic Console.

1. During the call, goto Help -> Diagnostic Console.
  2. Click 'Toggle AEC Recorder' - this turns on the recorder. Hanging up the call automatically stops the recorder.
  3. Find the recordings at /Users/<yourname>/Library/Application Support/Lifesize/Lifesize Cloud/report.
    1. aec_rIn.pcm - Decoded audio received from the far side.
    2. aec_rOut.pcm - Processed audio passed to the local speaker.
    3. aec_sIn.pcm - Raw microphone data.
    4. aec_sOut.pcm - Audio passed through the AEC for encoding to the far side.
  4. The easiest way to export the recordings is to 'Collect Diagnostics' from the Diagnostic Console.

FAQ : Why can't I see the 'Library' folder from Finder?
Answer: Beginning in Mountain Lion, the 'Library' folder is hidden from Finder by default. To access this folder, see
http://www.macworld.com/article/1161156/view_library_folder_in_lion.html . 

FAQ : How do I know when the recorder is running?
Answer : Open Finder, and goto the 'report' folder. Watch the file sizes of each PCM file during the call. If the files are growing, then the recorder is on.

The other option is to turn the recorder on all the time.

1. Edit /Users/<yourname>/Library/Application Support/Lifesize/Lifesize Cloud/cfg/unilog.cfg.
  2. Find 'category.AudioPipe' and change the level from OFF to DEBUG.
  3. Restart the client.
  4. Now, each call is recorded automatically. Be careful to turn this OFF when the troubleshooting session is over. Otherwise, you may fill up the drive with audio data.

II. Windows 

1. During the call, goto Help -> Diagnostic Console.
  2. Click 'Toggle AEC Recorder' - this turns on the recorder. Hanging up the call automatically stops the recorder.
  3. Find the recordings at C:\Users\<yourname>\AppData\Roaming\Lifesize\Lifesize Cloud\report.
    1. aec_rIn.pcm - Decoded audio received from the far side.
    2. aec_rOut.pcm - Processed audio passed to the local speaker.
    3. aec_sIn.pcm - Raw microphone data.
    4. aec_sOut.pcm - Audio passed through the AEC for encoding to the far side.

FAQ : Why can't I see the 'AppData' folder from Explorer?
Answer: The 'AppData' folder is hidden from Explorer by default. To enable access to this folder, goto Organize -> Folder and search options -> View, and select 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives'.

FAQ : How do I know when the recorder is running?
Answer : Open Explorer, and goto the 'report' folder. Watch the file sizes of each PCM file during the call. If the files are growing, then the recorder is on.

2 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes