This is a quick tutorial for all customers who have a Lifesize Icon Flex - Micpod version and would like to upgrade and get access to the web user interface, its functionalities and full control using the Lifesize Phone 2nd generation.
Icon Flex should be under AMS in order to be upgraded
- The new Firmware is accessible to all customers on the web software.lifesize.com, please introduce the serial number of the Icon and download the latest version.
- Connect the Icon Flex to the computer using the USB cable and power it up.
- Once the boot process is finished press and hold the reset button, the front led will go through three stages, first red, then blinking blue and finally solid blue. Once the led is on the third stage please release the reset button.
- The internal memory will mount into your computer as an external hard drive.
- Once ready, drag and drop the LS_RM3_220.127.116.110.img file into the Icon Flex drive.
- After a few seconds the front LED will start blinking in Blue, this means that the upgrade process is running (it takes about 10 minutes to complete).
- The Icon Flex will reboot, and launch the Phone 2nd Generation.
- Finally connect the Icon Flex to the network to get full access to the web user interface.
Icon Flex is DHCP-enabled by default. Connecting an Ethernet cable automatically discovers an IP address and displays it on the Lifesize Phone.
If your Icon Flex is not connected to a network, access the administrator interface using a default static IP address 169.254.1.1