IDG Connect – C-Suite Career Advice: Q&A with Craig Malloy

Document created by mariagaller Employee on Mar 22, 2016
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

IDG Connect, Craig Malloy (cmalloy), March 15, 2016

What was the most valuable piece of career advice that you received?
For me, it was a case of learning from experiences. I started my career as a military officer and from my experience in the role I learned the importance of taking care of my team, putting their interests ahead of my own and leading from the front. The leadership skills that I developed over 9 years have served me very well in business, helping me to become the CEO I am today.

What was the worst piece of business advice that you received?
My first boss once said to me ‘let’s not confuse effort with results’ and it has always stuck with me. While it’s not the most constructive and motivating thing to hear for certain personalities, it is somewhat humorous and of course there is some truth in it – I admit that I do sometimes use it with my kids at home!

Read the full Q&A here and share it with your network on social media.

For your reference, IDG Connect is the demand generation division of International Data Group (IDG). It covers technology news from across the globe and is committed to engaging a disparate global IT audience with truly localised messaging, IDG Connect also publishes market specific thought leadership papers on behalf of its clients, and produces research for B2B marketers worldwide. IDG Connect reaches around 62,370 readers a month.

1 person found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes