How do I associate Lifesize Cloud for Windows App to redirect E-mail Invites to my Google Chrome (Google Mail account)?

Document created by akrishnamohan Support on Apr 6, 2016Last modified by akrishnamohan Support on May 9, 2016
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Logon to your Google Mail, via Chrome and look for the below option on the address bar and choose Allow to Open all e-mail links.

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 12.49.14 pm.png

Ensure, Google Chrome is closed and follow the steps below:

1. Open C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Local State with Notepad (or, any other text editor).

2. Locate "javascript": true, in protocol_handler section of the file, replace true with false and save the file.

3. Launch Chrome, visit Gmail and Sign in.

4. On the Windows System > Click Start > type "Default Programs" > Open "Associate a file type or protocol with a program" > lookup for "MAILTO" with GoogleChrome > Choose the program to open Mail using you Google Chrome Browser

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 1.12.26 pm.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 1.12.39 pm.png

5. Launch Lifesize Cloud for Desktop > Go to Invite and click "Invite" and choose the option "Email and Invitation" and it should redirect to your Google Mail account in Chrome.

What if, I don't see the Protocol Handler as displayed in the first screen:

If you were unable to see the Protocol Handler icon overlapping-diamonds, click the Chrome menu icon chrome-menu-1 in the top right corner of your browser, and choose "Settings."

chrome-menu-dropdown-settings

Click the "Show Advanced Settings" link at the bottom of the screen. Then click the "Content Settings" button under the "Privacy" header.

privacy-settings

In the pop-up window, scroll down to the "Handlers" section and click the "Manage Handlers" button. Then select Gmail from the mailto dropdown, click

manage-handlers

And Now try again.

Attachments

Outcomes