Calendar Integration FAQs

Document created by elizabethh Employee on Sep 1, 2016
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

How do I see the meeting calendar for the day?

Select Calendar on your Lifesize® Icon™ on-screen menu or Lifesize® Phone™ HD. Scroll through the list of scheduled meetings for the next two days.

What information will be shown on the meeting calendar?

The meeting calendar will display the subject and organizer's name from the meeting invitation.

What if I make a change to a meeting?

No problem! The calendar information displayed will be updated instantly.

Will I receive a meeting notification in the conference room?

Yes, at the start time of the meeting, a pop-up notification will be displayed to invited participants on the Lifesize Icon on-screen menu and Lifesize Phone HD. If your Lifesize Icon is designated as the host, there will be no notification.

How do I know which Lifesize Icon is the “host”?

The extension listed in the email invitation is designated as the meeting host. This is the location that all participants will call into at the scheduled time.

What if the meeting before mine runs late?

The meeting notification will be displayed on your Lifesize Icon on-screen menu and Lifesize Phone HD for ten minutes after the scheduled meeting start time.

What if I’m late to a meeting?

The meeting notification will be displayed for ten minutes. After that time, there will be no notification.

What if I’m early to a meeting?

Have an extra cup of coffee! You can join a meeting up to ten minutes prior to the meeting start time. Just in time for the meeting, a notification will be displayed to invited participants on the Lifesize Icon on-screen menu and Lifesize Phone HD. If your Icon is a participant, you’ll get a notification asking if you’d like to join the meeting. If your Icon is the host, just wait for the other participants to call in and then answer the call.

Will my Lifesize Icon automatically join a scheduled call?

No, if your Icon is the host, you must answer the call, and if your Icon is a participant, you must select Yes to join the call.

What can I do if I’m not receiving meeting notifications on time?

Meeting notifications are based on your Lifesize Icon’s clock, so be sure it’s set to the correct time and time zone.

Can I schedule a meeting from my Lifesize Icon or Lifesize Phone HD?

No, you can schedule your meetings as you normally would through your calendar provider. Once scheduled, the calendar information will be updated instantly.

Do I need to do something different when sending a meeting invitation?

No, the new calendaring feature fits within your existing workflow. Send invitations via the Lifesize app, Microsoft Outlook Add-In or Google Chrome extension just like you always do. If you use another app for sending invitations, the full URL for the meeting (for example, https://call.lifesizecloud.com/extension/123456) must be included in the body of the email/calendar invitation in order for your Icon to join the meeting. You can find the full URL in the Invite section of the Lifesize app.

Can I use the calendar for non-Lifesize meetings?

Yes, the calendar will display the meeting, but you will not be able to take advantage of one-click dialing.

Can I add the Calendar button to the home screen on my Lifesize Phone HD?

Yes, the Calendar button can be easily added via the Admin Console.

Is calendar integration supported on Lifesize Phone?

Yes, it is supported on Lifesize Phone.

Is calendar integration supported on Lifesize 220 video systems?

No, it is not supported on Lifesize 220 video systems.

13 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes