With a Lifesize Icon 400|450|600|800 conference room system, you can connect to an IP-PBX and use it for voice conference calls. Software Version 3.1.2 for Lifesize Icon Video Systems gives customers who want to make voice calls via their On-Premises Microsoft® Lync® 2013 or Skype for Business Server 2015 the ability to register to their Skype for Business voice calling. Check out the instructions below to learn more.
Use the following instructions to register your Icon with a Skype for Business PBX system.
- Log in to the web interface and select Preferences > SIP Registrar 2 settings.
- Enable the Use SIP check box.
- In the Identification section, enter the SIP authorization credentials to use for registration to your Skype for Business IP-PBX service.
- SIP username – the registered SIP username for the device
- Authorization Username – username authorized to access the SIP system
- Authorization Password – authorized user password
- For the SIP Server Type, select either of the following options:
- Microsoft Skype for Business – if your server and the Lifesize Icon are in the same domain
- Microsoft Skype for Business (manual) – if your communication network involves both an internal and external server, use this option to enter the IP addresses of both hosts.
- Click Save to enable the registration settings.
For general information about the preference settings, see the Icon Preferences Help page.
Learn more about using Skype for Business with Lifesize.
See Lifesize Icon Series Release Notes for additional details about this release.