Now Available: Import Group Contacts

Document created by cmenesatti Employee on May 17, 2017Last modified by elizabethh on Jun 2, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

June 2, 2017 Update:  The group contact bulk import feature has been temporarily rolled back from the Lifesize Admin Console. If you need immediate access to this capability, please contact Support.

What is a Group Contact?

Not everyone you work with works for your company – you may have partners, vendors or others that you communicate with frequently. Perhaps you want to add your Skype for Business users to your directory? And what about that old third party conference room system? We’ve got you covered.

When you add a Group Contact, it will be added to your Lifesize directory so that everyone in your company can see it.

Where do I go to add Group Contacts?

Group Contacts can be added from the Admin Console under the Directory tab.

What/who can I add?

There are no limitations to who or what you can add as a Group Contact as long as you provide a name and contact details. Calling details can be an email address, an IP address, a phone number etc.

What file type can I upload?

We support comma separated .csv files. A sample file is attached for your reference.

How many contacts can I add?

Each Lifesize account can have up to 1,000 Group Contacts, and the maximum file size per upload is 5MB.

I got an error, what happened? 

If for any reason we cannot upload all or some of your contacts, we will let you know. If the upload failed entirely, you will have a chance to try again. If only some of the contacts were not uploaded, we will show them to you for review. If  you delete all of your group contacts, please refresh the page before attempting another import.

6 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes