Lifesize recently announced the beta of its already award-winning new app at InfoComm 2017. The new web and desktop apps have performed incredibly well during the limited availability period and we are excited to now extend our beta to all customers and partners.
We focused on customer feedback and quantitative research when redesigning the new Lifesize app with the goal of creating an application that is easy to use and support, provides exceptional flexibility and is a great value. We are excited to reveal the result of our research, development, testing and feedback from customers and open the beta of the new Lifesize app to everyone.
Below are a few key changes and enhancements in the new Lifesize desktop and web apps, as well as instructions to start using them today.
Quick Access to Recents and Favorites
See a list of recently missed calls or attended meetings and click to re-launch instantly. Users can also flag a contact, meeting or room system as a favorite for quick access from the home page.
Users can quickly search and find contacts, room systems and meetings from anywhere in the application with the new global search with smart matching.
Users will see an alphabetized, filterable contact list with status presence and favorites and can place a video or audio call, chat, schedule a meeting and click on a name to view the contact card. Room Systems, Contacts and Meetings (virtual meeting rooms) have been separated into their own directories.
Meeting and Presentation Enhancements
- Dual streaming of the presentation and participants
- Users can add participants to a call from their directory
- Guests and participants can view meeting details in a call
- While in an active meeting or call, users can chat outside of the meeting or schedule another meeting
- More powerful moderator controls to mute all or individual participants or end the call for all or individual participants
- Users can see a list of all meeting participants and who is actively sharing a presentation or screen
Why now is the time to start using the new apps?
After our public launch of the new apps, the legacy web version at webapp.lifesizecloud.com will switch over to the new web app. We will also remove the ability to download the legacy desktop app. We will announce the exact end of life date for the legacy desktop app when we publicly launch the new apps. During the open beta all customers have the opportunity to use the new web and desktop apps as a transition period to prepare users for the change. We strongly encourage customers to take advantage of the open beta and start introducing the new apps to their end users.
Here are a few resources to help with the transition:
- Sign up for a training session through Lifesize University
- Review our new app help files
- Use the in-app help to search for guided tours, videos and documentation
Ready to start using the new apps today?
To ensure the best possible experience using the new app, please review the system requirements and beta instructions prior to starting the beta.
- Download the new desktop app. After our beta ends and the new desktop app is publicly available, you can continue using this desktop application and any new updates will automatically be applied.
- Go to preview.lifesizecloud.com to start using the new web app. You must use Google Chrome™ version 59 or above.
By using the beta version of the Lifesize app, each user agrees to the Lifesize Beta Test Terms and Conditions.