Today we are pleased to announce the public availability of the new Lifesize web and desktop apps. We spent the last couple of months beta testing the apps with customers and offering companies a transition period for their users.
During our beta program, thousands of users tried the new app. When asked, in an open-ended question, what they liked most, 76 percent said they liked the new user interface (UI) and user experience (UX).
“What do you like most about the new app?”
In addition to the redesign, we made several other updates to the apps. Below are a few of the added features and enhancements in the new Lifesize web and desktop apps.
Quick Access to Recents and Favorites
See a list of recently missed calls or attended meetings and click to re-launch instantly. Users can also flag a contact, meeting or room system as a favorite for quick access from the home page.
Users can quickly search and find contacts, room systems and meetings from anywhere in the application with the new global search with smart matching.
Users will see an alphabetized, filterable contact list with status presence and favorites and can place a video or audio call, chat, schedule a meeting and click on a name to view the contact card. Room Systems, Contacts and Meetings (virtual meeting rooms) have been separated into their own directories.
Meeting and Presentation Enhancements
- The app will prompt you to check your camera, microphone and speaker settings before receiving calls or joining a meeting as a guest
- Dual streaming of the presentation and participants
- Users can add participants to a call from their directory
- While in a call, guests and participants can view call details including the meeting link, extension, phone numbers, video address and moderator
- While in an active meeting or call, users can chat outside of the meeting or schedule another meeting
- More powerful moderator controls to mute all or individual participants or end the call for all or individual participants
- Users can see a list of all meeting participants and who is actively sharing a presentation or screen
In-app Help and Resources
Start Using the New Apps Today
- Download the new desktop app. With the new desktop app, updates will automatically be applied.
- Go to webapp.lifesizecloud.com to start using the new web app.
Have questions? Read our FAQ guide.