Upcoming Lifesize releases will require customers with firewall rules in place to make a few updates to their settings. If applicable, please make the following adjustments to your firewall settings to avoid possible disruption of the Lifesize service.
- Direct Media for Point-to-Point Calls: Please open the destination port 3478 prior to the release of direct media. If your firewall configuration requires static IP addresses, a list of servers you will need to whitelist can be found here.
- For more information about direct media for point-to-point calls, read the community post.
- Changes to Lifesize Domains: The domain for the Lifesize web app and calling page will change from lifesizecloud.com to lifesize.com. Please add *.lifesize.com to your list of whitelisted domains. We will redirect traffic to the correct URL after the change is made.
- The new url for the Lifesize web app will be webapp.lifesize.com
- The call.lifesizecloud.com domain will change to call.lifesize.com
- This domain is used in meeting invites for users and guests calling through the web app. It also serves as the downloads page for the Lifesize desktop app, mobile app, Outlook add-in and Chrome extension.
With any change, we suggest that customers verify their firewall settings. For a full list of ports and servers utilized by the Lifesize cloud-based service, refer to the following help pages.