Lifesize will officially end support for the legacy desktop app on May 31, 2018. We strongly recommend that all customers who are still using the old desktop app make the switch prior to the end of support date.
Since the public launch of the new Lifesize web and desktop apps, Lifesize has continued to release new app features and enhancements to provide feature parity and an improved experience to customers. Highlights of these improvements include:
- Support for far-end camera controls for both the web and desktop apps. Learn more.
- Desktop presentation improvements. Learn more.
- Windows MSI file for the Lifesize desktop app. Learn more.
Below is everything you need to know whether you are looking to deploy the new desktop app for the first time to your organization, or transition the last few of your users.
- Uninstall the old desktop app.
- Download the new desktop app.
- Or install the Windows MSI file (optional).
- Log in to the Lifesize admin console. Go to Advanced Settings > Network > Downloads.
- Read more about using and customizing the Lifesize Windows (MSI) Installer.
- Read our FAQs
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your Lifesize representative or contact support.