Which presentation adapters should I use for my conference room?

Document created by jpeary Support on Apr 25, 2018Last modified by jpeary Support on May 3, 2018
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

If you're like me, when you conduct meetings you will inevitably need to share your desktop, as visual aids are imperative.  Obviously the best way is through Lifesize Share for the cleanest and hassle-free experience.

Lifesize Share: Wireless Media Sharing For Your Meetings 

Lifesize Share Datasheet 

However, if you require a wired solution there are countless wire and adapter options to choose from to meet the needs of a mac and pc environment.  Some work while others simply fall short exhibiting symptoms like black screen, odd colored bars, image shift or no signal at all.  I just thought I would share what Lifesize has traditionally used as our "work horses" on a day to day basis for the best in reliability and performance.

For every room solution there first is an HDMI cable.  There are many.  However, this one seems to be reliable and doesn't break the bank.  Tripplite P568-030   HDMI Cable Adapter High Speed 30 Feet (P568-030) | Tripp Lite 

For rooms with an Icon 600 or 800, that signal needs to be converted to DVI at the codec end.  This Monoprice model works well and is also cost effective.  Monoprice 2029    DVI-D Single Link Male to HDMI Female Adapter - Monoprice.com 

For the select few pc's that still have VGA output we use this StarTech model that carries both power and audio via USB.  StarTech VGA2HDU    VGA to HDMI Converter w/ Audio | VGA Converters | StarTech.com 

A majority of our machines, however, use Mini Display Port and again, this StarTech model has by far been the most reliable.  StarTech MDP2HDMI    Mini DisplayPort HDMI - Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter Converter | StarTech.com 

For the rest of our machines that use USB-C this IOGEAR model works nicely and also doubles as connectivity for USB devices and has a handy USB-C charging port.  IOGEAR GUC3C3H   IOGEAR - GUC3C3H - USB-C to HDMI / USB Multiport Adapter 

I hope this is helpful.  I know there are endless third party solutions out there so I just wanted to share how Lifesize presents when we aren't wireless!

Joe P.

5 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes