All meetings are unique in how they are scheduled, accessed and used in Lifesize. To better meet the needs of all meeting types, we are expanding the versatility of Lifesize virtual meeting rooms (VMRs) with the introduction of one-time meetings.
One-time meetings are a single-use, private meeting space that are hidden from the directory and intended for non-recurring events. With this release, users will have more flexibility to meet how and when they want with the option meet in a persistent collaboration space or a one-time meeting.
Key Benefits of One-time Meetings
- Non-recurring: Meet one-time in a single-use space that is fit for your non-recurring events. One-time meetings are deleted after the meeting has ended.
- Private: Hide your meetings from your global directory and control who and when participants can join. Only the meeting owner and moderator can access one-time meetings from the app.
- Quick: Jump into an ad-hoc meeting quickly without the hassle of managing a meeting limit for your account or cleaning up older meetings from the directory. Users can create unlimited one-time meetings that never show in the global directory and are delete after the meeting has ended – making them quick to create and even quicker to manage.
Persistent vs. One-time Meetings
|Persistent Meetings||One-time Meetings|
|Moderator and Lecture Modes||YES||YES|
|Support for Recording||YES||YES|
|Support for Streaming||YES||YES|
|Visible in the Global Directory||YES||NO|
|Availability||Always On||One-time Use Only|
|Auto Delete||Optional. Auto deletes if inactive for the number of days defined by the Admin.||Auto deletes 24-hours after the meeting has started.|
One-time Meetings in the Lifesize Web and Desktop Apps
One-time meetings are available in the Lifesize web and desktop apps for customers who have purchased this add-on feature.
Schedule One-time Meetings in the App
- If you are the meeting owner or moderator of a one-time meeting, you can schedule and send invites to join that one-time meeting from the Schedule button on the home screen.
- Any user will be able to quickly create a new one-time meeting to schedule.
Call One-time Meetings in the App
- If you are the meeting owner or moderator of a one-time meeting, you can call an existing one-time meeting from the Call button on the home screen.
- Any user will be able to quickly create a new one-time meeting to call.
In addition to creating a one-time meeting from the Call or Schedule buttons as shown above, users can create a one-time meeting from the Meeting directory in their app. Selecting the Create a Meeting button will now give users the option to create a one-time meeting or a permanent meeting.
One-time Meetings in the Lifesize Outlook Add-in
One-time meetings are available in the Lifesize Outlook add-in for customers who have purchased this add-on feature. From Outlook, users can create a one-time meeting invite by selecting the Schedule meeting dropdown shown in the Outlook home ribbon. Additionally, selecting the Lifesize buddy icon is a shortcut option to instantly create a one-time meeting invite in one-click.
Creating one-time meetings in Lifesize is an add-on feature. Contact your Lifesize representative if you are interested in a free trial or would like to learn more. The one-time meetings add-on is an account level feature. Once enabled, all users in your account who have the latest version of the Lifesize Outlook add-in for Windows® and are using the new web or desktop apps will have access to create and schedule one-time meetings.
For more information contact your Lifesize representative or review the resources below.