With the launch of our new cloud service and video conferencing solutions, the Lifesize Admin Console is being redesigned to improve the experience of setting up and managing Lifesize accounts for administrators and super-users.
Lifesize will allow admins to preview the new Admin Console beginning Friday, February 22.
Accessing the new Admin Console
Once the preview is available, a banner will display at the top of the screen in the current Admin Console. Admins will then be able to navigate to the new version using the Preview Now button.
Admins may navigate back using the designated button in the menu of the new Admin Console.
It is important to note that select features and areas present in the current Admin Console may not be available in the new version during the preview. However, these features and areas will remain accessible in the current Admin Console through the preview and will be available upon launch in the new version (excluding items in the list of Notable Removals below).
The current Admin Console and the new version are fully compatible, so admin actions in either will be reflected in both during the preview (ex. a meeting created in the new Admin Console will be visible in the current Admin Console, and vice versa).
Lifesize Admin Console
- Updated interface consistent with the Lifesize web, desktop, and mobile app experience
- Infinite scroll for faster load times and easier navigation
- Updated menu items and information labels
- Main menu > Directory changed to Users
- Main menu > Video Systems changed to Room Systems
- Room Systems > Audio Type changed to Controller
- Room Systems Settings > Firmware Version changed to Version
- Main menu > Now includes Account Settings
- Edit the name of a Room System
- Unpair a Room System from cloud, but keep the extension to use with another Room System
- Easily identify a Lifesize Dash room trial, convert a Lifesize Dash trial to a paid room system, and disconnect the tablet associated with a Lifesize Dash room
- Create one-time meetings from Admin Console if enabled for the account
- Notification Center removed from top navigation (previously accessible via a bell icon)
- Place a Call link removed (previously accessible via user drop-down menu)
- Call Quality, Recording Hours, and Live Stream Hours donut charts removed from the dashboard
- Call quality metrics for User and Room System drilldown reports removed
* Lifesize is currently evaluating the implementation of these features to improve the presentation and/or accuracy of the information provided in order to deliver the best possible experience for account administrators.
Please note that all features and functionality as described are subject to change.