Thursday, May 3, 2018 at Everywhere
Starts at 8:00 AM · Ends on May 3, 2018 at 10:59 PM, CST (America/Chicago)
Today is world password day and here are a few tips for Lifesize customers:
Icons have 3 passwords and it is recommended that they all be changed during installation.
- Web and SSH use admin/admin and support/support
- On screen UI uses 1234
- All passwords can be changed from the web UI
Passwords can be up to 16 characters in length and contain any combination of the numbers 0-9, the letters a-z and A-Z, and the symbols * (star) and # (pound). The passcode must be one to 32 characters in length and contain any combination of the numerals 0-9.
You cannot change the username.
For Lifesize cloud users enabling SSO is recommended for several reasons:
- users are less apt to forget the password as they use it for other applications
- users who leave the organization will not be able to sign on when their AD account is disabled
- Lifesize will not store the users password
- an account will automatically be created for a user who successfully authenticates
If SSO is not enabled users will need to create their own passwords with the requirement of 8-32 characters with no whitespace. Complex passwords that are not used with any other applications are recommended and definitely don't write it on a yellow sticky and leave it on your monitor