• iamrad
    • tony
    • pierre.brueggemann@tq-group.com
    • behappy
    • mkluge
    • harishm
    • tpolk@mwec-pc.com
    • kpinkham

Creating meeting spaces using the LifeSize web app is super easy, no arguments here.

Deleting them is arguably just as simple.

But what if my executives or their assistance want a meeting space that's only available while their meetings are taking place?

I mean, I can make that happen... (and don't really have the option of saying no...)

- Create it right before their meeting starts

- Ensure all parties involved receive the right connection information (right before the meeting? Sketchy...)

- Delete the space right after their meeting is over

But what if...

What if while generating an invite through the outlook plugin there was a "Create Room For This Meeting" option?

The existing plugin popup window could have a button for this, or maybe an option in the drop down menu.

If selecting the "Create" option, something very similar to the window we get while creating a meeting room in the web app could be presented.

As the meeting is being created using the Outlook plugin, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to assume that the time/date of the meeting could be utilized to create the room (maybe a half hour before the meeting starts), and when the meeting is over, the room could expire/be removed (maybe a half hour after), provided the room is empty.

Desired passcodes, moderators/lectures could be defined/provided via the plugin and the space could pop into existence, seemingly all on its own, then disappear without a trace after everyone has left (or more importantly, without leaving that entry in the meeting room list from 2 months ago nobody ever got around to deleting).

This seems like it would be easy enough to implement, the "Create" and "Delete" functions already exist, but happen when triggered by a user, not by any kind of date/time event.

Scheduling the "Create" and "Delete" functions is the idea behind the idea...  (+plugin integration!)