AnsweredAssumed Answered

what is supposed to happen with a recording when a caller leaves

Question asked by jwinterbottom on May 17, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2017 by jwinterbottom

Can anyone tell me what is supposed to happen when a call is being recorded to video centre and a participant leaves the call?  This has always confused me because I have witnessed icon systems continue to record when a participant leaves a call and I have also seen one person leaving a call completely tear down a recording.  I have trouble explaining this to my clients because I really don't know what the proper designed effect is supposed to be.  There really should be some better logic around this process.  Take for instance two examples we had today. 

-A candidate is being interviewed over video and the call is being recorded, the candidate leaves the call but the interview panel wish to continue a round table discussion in the room and have that discussion recorded.  Unless they are aware that the person leaving the call triggers the recording to stop, they don't realize that they need to start the recording again to have that final discussion recorded. 

-Second example...an interview is taking place on campus and the Dean wishes to video conference in and the meeting is being recorded.  A Cloud meeting room is created and we join from our end and start recording but the Dean is running late, by the time he connects, our icon system was sitting in a meeting room for 30 minutes and drops out of the meeting room also tearing down the recording.  Calls dropping should not stop a recording, at the very least, there should be a prompt to confirm if a recording should stop when someone leaves a call.  This is something that I have struggled with for quite some time because the desired effect is really not clear to me, I have seen different things happen in multiple scenarios.  Calls dropping and recordings stopping should be separate     

Outcomes