AnsweredAssumed Answered

When installing UVC (Infrastructure), what obstacles/challenges did you encounter along the way that caused you the most trouble?

Question asked by richdwa Partner on Dec 31, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 by anthony

Speaking as someone who has installed UVC (Infrastructure) too many times to count, there is almost always something that keeps it from being a completely "seamless" installation from the get-go. Most of the time (for me) it has to do with the client's network (or network administrator...) not being configured the way we have requested, and this has caused me/us to spend time troubleshooting an "Infrastructure problem" when it reality it's a network configuration issue.

I would like it if there were better tools built into UVC to test for the correct configuration- perhaps along the lines of what was created for Transit Server/Transit Client. That proved to be very helpful during installation as it allowed for testing of the ports and to be able to go back to the client and show them "see, port 1720 is NOT open!" and have some empirical evidence to back that statement up.

I am interested in hearing from others around the world who have also installed Infrastructure what YOUR biggest challenges have been, and what you think would be the best way to solve them. Yes, LifeSize Cloud is pretty awesome, but there are still going to be instances where the best choice for the client is going to be on-premises, so let's work together here in this community to develop some best practices and some "if you see this then.." scenarios.

Thanks!

Rich De Brino, DCS.

Outcomes