AnsweredAssumed Answered

Icon alert issues

Question asked by jwinterbottom on Jul 18, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 10, 2018 by hbuckley

Hi all, I think some improvements are coming to the noise that icon alerts generate but I've been getting some alerts that either don't appear accurate or people are doing some funky things in the middle of the night with our endpoints.  I occasionally get camera and display disconnection alerts from systems that aren't typically easy to unplug.  We have several fixed room systems that are either not physically accessible or unlikely that someone could reach in behind the camera or codec to unplug stuff.  I can see maybe a tv going into sleep mode might trigger a disconnection error but when I get a message saying a camera has been disconnected, I take that as it has been physically disconnected.  on top of this, I always get these alerts at really odd times mostly in the late evening or in the middle of the night. Of course, every time I inspect these systems the following day, they are functioning normally and don't appear to have been tampered with.  Are there certain scenarios in which a disconnection error would trigger an alert and not necessarily mean the camera or tv has been disconnected?

Outcomes