AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lifesize Promo Emails

Question asked by jwinterbottom on Nov 8, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2017 by michaelt

Hi All,

I'm wondering in what scenarios Lifesize is sending out promotional emails to users?  When someone signs in as a registered user, are they automatically enrolled in an email distribution list?  If so there really should be a clearly visible option to opt out of receiving these.  I just got an email from one of our Faculty members that had received a promo email, this was clearly targeted at someone that hasn't used the service before so really an unnecessary email.  I'm trying to avoid fielding complaints about Lifesize spamming our registered users with information they don't need.  In this particular scenario, the user received an email letting them know that you can call from a browser, anyone who uses the service is already aware of this.  In the end, our users are just going to start blocking everything Lifesize sends to them.  People tend to get a little up in arms about receiving emails like this when they never had the option of opting out.  This sort of stuff tends to sour a relationship between the user and the service provider.  Can anyone tell me in what scenarios promotional emails will be sent to users?  

Outcomes