jwinterbottom

Updated Mobile App

Discussion created by jwinterbottom on May 31, 2018
Latest reply on Jun 1, 2018 by jpeary

I was a beta tester for the new mobile app, its started off a little rocky using my iphone 6 but after a couple of updates, it seemed to be running pretty smoothly.  Now that I have installed the most up to date version with the new UI, it seems like this issues I was having in the early part of the beta trial are back again.  I am experiencing at least 15-20 seconds of delay when joining a call.  My PIP image freezes anywhere from 15-20 seconds before the call is established.  Sometimes I hear the ring tone and the joining meeting announcement and other times its complete silence while my face is frozen on the screen.  It also seems like you can't close the app even for 30 seconds without having to get the app to reconnect which so far is 50/50 if the reconnection is successful.  It also takes at least 20-30 seconds for the connection to either work or fail when you relaunch the app.  When the app fails to reconnect, I have been getting, "failed to connect, try again" pressing try again several times finally gets it to reconnect and sometimes pressing "try again" once and waiting another 10 seconds works.  My first minute of using the updated app has been really frustrating.  Most of that first minute was either sitting on a blank screen waiting for a call to connect or waiting for the app to relaunch after closing it briefly.  Maybe it's just me on my iphone 6 but the updated app is pretty much unusable in this current state..   

Outcomes