AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using one Camera/HD Phone for PC and Lifesize Video Conferencing

Question asked by jimm@nezperce.org on Dec 17, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 18, 2018 by kpinkham

We have several Lifesize systems (450's, 600's, 800's) that work great for us, however we frequently get invites from outside entities for various software video meetings such as via WebEx, GoToMeeting, Skype, etc. which we cannot directly join via Lifesize.

I would like to configure a PC for each conference room and make an easy to use system that will allow us to run web based conferencing and apps as well Lifesize and ideally integrate the lifesize hardware.

In Particular the items that I would like to integrate and am not sure about are the following:

1.  Lifesize 10x Camera.  Can I split the HDMI signal to the lifesize camera and bring it into both the lifesize codec and an HDMI input on the PC and still have camera control from the Lifesize HD Phone?

2. Lifesize HD Phone for Microphone and Speaker input output for the PC.  If I connect a Laptop via HDMI to the lifesize codec in presentation mode would I be able to use it for the audio input/output to/from the PC for it's software conferencing software?  

Any other recommendations on how to best accomplish this.  My boss wants a setup that we can turn over to our end users and have to provide them minimal tech support for use.  I was told if they can just turn it on and press a switch to switch between lifesize and PC conferencing that would be best.  I don't know if this is possible.  I'm thinking I may have to setup a second camera for the PC as well as separate microphone and speaker and only share the display and switch it's input between hdmi1 and hdmi2.  

Has anyone done something similar to this? 

Outcomes